Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Vampire's Submissive - Back from the Ban

Available AGAIN on Amazon

Yesterday morning, I received an email from Amazon's Kindle support letting me know my story, "The Vampire's Submissive," had been removed from their catalog due to content violation(s). I wasn't surprised. I'd read that Amazon and other booksellers were in the process of sweeping self-published erotic romance and erotica out of their doors.

The email indicated I could make changes to my description and content and resubmit. I didn't do so right away. Instead, I fumed, pouted, and whined, no doubt driving the Twitterverse crazy.

Finally, I realized I had a decision to make. I could make the changes Amazon required or I could list my book elsewhere. I opted to stay with Amazon. Why? I can't be sure. Gut instinct, really. I tweaked my keywords and toned down the opening scene. I know. I caved. I don't feel great about that. Believe me. However, I don't feel the changes lessened the story in any way, as they were quite minor.Will Amazon take it back down again? I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. For now, Katy and Jackson's story is available for fans of erotic romance to enjoy. I hope you'll pick up a copy.

Happy reading,

Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment